Pediatric Emergency Assessment & Stabilization: PEARS Course
PEARS is for healthcare providers and others who might encounter pediatric emergency situations during their work Improve outcomes for pediatric patients by preparing healthcare providers in assessment, early recognition, prompt communication, and initial intervention in patients with respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
The PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization) Course has been updated to reflect science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC. In this course, students learn how to use a systematic approach to quickly assess, recognize the cause, and stabilize a pediatric patient in an emergency situation. PEARS prepares students to provide appropriate lifesaving interventions within the initial minutes of response until a child can be transferred to an advanced life support provider.
ATI’s PEARS course teaches:
- Systematic pediatric assessment
- Recognition and stabilization of respiratory emergencies
- Recognition and stabilization of shock emergencies
- Recognition and stabilization of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Resuscitation team concept
- Performing BLS consistent with the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Evaluating a seriously ill or injured child by using the pediatric systematic approach
- Applying effective team dynamics
- Demonstrating initial stabilization of a seriously ill or injured child, including a child with cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, or shock
REGISTER FOR ATI'S PEARS COURSE NOW:
MFR Training Program Details
ATI Flint Campus
4511 Miller Rd.
Flint, MI, 48507
Fees & Payments
$1,500 (Payment plans available)
Does not include book or uniforms. DOES include BLS & PEARS courses.
Payment Plan Details
- $100 Due by 1st day of class
- $350 each month for 4 months